Spring cleaning is a great exercise to make sure your home stays clutter-free. In winter we tend to feel unmotivated and can tend to let the clutter in our homes pile up.
‘Spring cleaning’ is all about returning your living space into a fresh and organised space. Especially with Covid-19 lockdowns, we’ve seen a rise in working from home. For that reason it’s now more important than ever to keep your home clutter-free. Removing Junk from our living and work environments creates space and peace of mind.
Take a look at our top 10 tips for decluttering during your spring cleaning!
When should you spring clean your house?
Spring cleaning is all about tackling the chores you’ve let slip over the long winter. You don’t necessarily have to wait til spring to do these chores, but the warmer weather and increasing sunshine is symbolic of new change and a new cycle. Spring is a great time to incorporate such positive change in your own home.
Get focused for cleaning
As you start our 8 step guide, it’s important to take some time and plan what exactly you want cleaned.During this planning stage you should:
1. Mark a few free days over the course of the month that you’re able to commit to your cleaning.
2. List all the rooms, cupboards and other areas you want to clean.
3. List what tasks need to be completed in each of your selected areas. I.e: Dust shelves, vacuum, mop, change light globe.
4. Take a look at your list and note anything that’s not a straigh-forward task, i.e: Take the couch to the front verge. Sort and get rid of old clothes.
5. In our next step you’ll need to recognise if you need to take items places or get someone else to take them. i.e: Take used clothing to the Salvation Army or Call JUNK.com.au to pick up old furniture. The earlier you get these appointments scheduled, the quicker you’ll be able to start the rest of your spring cleaning.
Tackling large projects
When you’re decluttering it’s important to stay relaxed and focused, particularly if the project is going to be a large one. Here’s the ways to get into the right mindset:
6. Make your spring cleaning a fun experience. Chuck on your favourite beats, listen to a new album from cover to cover. You don’t just have to battle away in silence!
7. Keep in mind a set time you want to have all your spring cleaning completed by. This includes having each unwanted item being removed from each area. It helps to dedicate certain time periods to each area.
8. Don’t forget about the items you want to throw away. The whole reason you’re doing this spring cleaning is to declutter! If you put all your unwanted items into a bag and outside into a single pile, it’ll make sure you wont forget about them.
Spring cleaning will give you a great sense of accomplishment after completing it. You don’t have to do it on your own either. If your friends and family are unavailable to help you, JUNK.com.au offers a professional and efficient service that will get rid of your JUNK ASAP! No matter how much JUNK you’ve got, no spring cleaning job is too big for JUNK.com.au. Why not make your spring cleaning easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy and let the pros at JUNK.com.au do all the heavy lifting for you.